Sometimes you just crave a bit of heat with your sushi. Spicy Tuna rolls, Volcano rolls and Spicy Scallop hand rolls will usually get the job done. But the same sushi every outing can get a little boring. Luckily for you the chefs at Harrah’s Resort SoCal love to push the fiery limits. A Funner take on a classic sushi dish, we’ve taken the Spicy Tuna roll and given it a “Flamin’ Hot” twist. We give you the Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Roll! Don’t miss Funner Sushi Fridays every week at the Buffet.
Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Roll
¾ cup short grain Japanese rice (cooked)
2 oz. sashimi grade tuna
2 oz. diced avocado
1 jalapeno sliced into rounds
1 small bag of Flamin’ Hot Cheetos
1 sheet nori (seaweed) cut in half
1 bamboo mat
Bowl of warm water (for your hands)
- Dice tuna and combine it with () in a mixing bowl. Mix to incorporate.
- Cut the sheet of nori in half and lay the shiny side down on the bamboo mat.
- Dip your hands in the bowl of warm water to prevent rice from sticking and spread an even layer of rice across the nori. Be careful not to smash the rice.
- Flip nori sheet over rice side down and begin adding spicy tuna mixture lengthwise along edge
- Cut cucumber into long narrow pieces and place lengthwise along spicy tuna along with diced avocado
- Gently lift edge of sheet with bamboo mat and begin rolling. Use your hands to keep ingredients in place
- Smash Flamin’ Hot Cheetos into crumbs and coat outside of roll
- Cover roll with plastic wrap and slice roll into equal sized pieces
- Garnish with sliced jalapeno, sriracha and enjoy!